All iPads buying 2 iPads, no price match

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chuchoavellanet, Nov 23, 2013.

1. chuchoavellanet macrumors newbie

hello everyone
    i was just wondering if this is typical from the apple store, was about to place an order online on apple.com to buy two iPad air, and while on the computer i called their customer service number asking for a price match ($479 on target) on the iPad air 16gb, spoke to 3 people and everyone of them refused to do it. I ended up speaking to a senior representative and he told me that once i finished making a purchase and have the iPads in my hand, that i should email him the serial number of each item and then he "will consider" giving me a free cover or something. Is this really how apple works? never mind the refusal to price match their own product, i was just worried about me providing the serial #. He even refused my offer of giving him my order number, he wanted me to give him the actual iPad's serial #.
    thanks for reading!

2. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

Apple never price match, a cover cost them less than a dollar so don't get all happy if u get a free cover. staples has the iPad air on sale this wkd, why not take advantage of that

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Why not just buy from Target if they have the price you want?

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have never heard of Apple price matching either.

Agreed. If price is paramount, then go with whoever offers the lowest price.

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Apple price matched all the stuff I got from them if I found it cheaper. Once they didn't ask for proof (Mac Mini, microcenter had it $75 cheaper on sale) and gave me that deal.

6. chuchoavellanet thread starter macrumors newbie

Should i be WORRIED about me providing the serial # of my iPads?
    also i just feel more comfortable with apple's no hassle return policy.

7. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

is $40 really worth all that hassle? do you have a micro center near you? they are $459

8. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

He will be saving almost $100 with 2 iPads

9. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

how?

10. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

some will some won't...its really up to the manager at the time and your rapport with them. The cover is a good deal if you were going to buy one anyway, but I agree he's giving you the run around probably.

11. chuchoavellanet thread starter macrumors newbie

unfortunately the closest micro center is 1.5 hours away and they don't have it in stock.

12. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

i hear staples will have it starting tomorrow for $449

also, why not just buy at target and use the red card? be about $455

13. Akack macrumors 6502a

YMMV when it comes to Apple price matching, few customer reps will but most won't. Why not buy from Target?

Target has a no hassle return policy and also has the extended holiday return as well. I returned the ipad air to target a few weeks back and no restocking fee and in and out in 3 mins.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

As to providing serial number... I see no problem with that.

15. sjperformance macrumors 6502

Why not target? $486 with tax using the red card debit card. Their return policy is good no hassles. Receipt says I have till January 2014 to return for full refund. We are in 2013 now...we can buy apple products almost everywhere now and cheaper too.

16. deeddawg macrumors 604

It's not like Apple doesn't already have the SN of every device they build... :rolleyes:

Just go buy from Target. They're the one's offering the deal. Great return policy too if you have an issue.

17. mtntrance macrumors member

Buy local in case your screen is horrible

That why I bought from Target. With the $479 sale and using the target credit card the cost before tax is right at $450.