Buying 2 iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vishalc, Sep 11, 2016.

1. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

I already have ordered a 7+ Jet Black 128GB on AT&T. I got a pre-order date of Oct 4 - Oct 10. I selected the option for one-time payment (pay in full).

I heard that reservations will open up again on next Saturday (one day after launch). So, I will try to reserve the same iPhone model for pick-up at a local store at that time as I prefer not to wait until October.

My question is, will Apple allow me to reserve a jet black 7+ if I do not cancel my pre-order? I plan to cancel my pre-order only if I can find the phone available in a local store a day or two later. So, does Apple allow you to pre-order one phone and reserve for pick up another phone, with both using the same phone number? I'm hoping it shouldn't matter as I am paying in full for whichever one I will be able to buy first.

2. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

As best I can tell, Apple will not allow you to have reservations/pre-orders/etc for two phones on the same line. You can, however, have two pre-orders for the same line if you have one through ATT and one through Apple. This is just my experience and YMMV, of course.

3. vishalc thread starter macrumors regular

vishalc

Thanks. That's interesting. I may have to cancel my pre-order before then. I'm hoping that the status updates immediately in Apple's system so I am able to reserve for pick up a phone right after I cancel my pre-order.