Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would you do?

• Choose wireless keyboard/magic mouse and use it

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Choose wireless KB/magic mouse & buy full keyboard for yourself, then sell wireless KB/magic mouse

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Choose wired keyboard and take the hit of difference in value VS wireless keyboard

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cman-uk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Hey all,

I'm going to be placing an order (UK) for the 21.5" iMac in the very near future. With regards to keyboard options, I require the full sized version, which unfortunately does not arrive in wireless form. boo.

During the spec up, when I select the wired keyboard, the price remains the same :confused: (even though, separately, the wired one costs £28 whilst the wireless one costs £55 ).

I also do not envisage using the Magic Mouse. I hope to use my Logitech G7.

Is it worth opting for the wireless keyboard/magic mouse combo, and ordering a wired keyboard, then sell the wireless keyboard/magic mouse (eBay, etc)? Or is that just hassle?
What would you do?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Do you want the hassle or not? :p It's not about huge amount of money anyway so I'd get what you want to use, instead of buying separately and selling in eBay

cman-uk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Of course!!! It's so simple! Buy MORE items and you SAVE money!! I knew my parents were wrong!

haha :D

Just had a thought, maybe the wireless set up do not arrive in their own individual boxes when ordered with the iMac, hence making it difficult to sell on anyway? who knows.

If anyone in the UK is interested, let me know.... by this evening :p

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
haha :D

Just had a thought, maybe the wireless set up do not arrive in their own individual boxes when ordered with the iMac, hence making it difficult to sell on anyway? who knows.

If anyone in the UK is interested, let me know.... by this evening :p

When I bought my iMac in the store, they come inside the iMac box in a little box with the manual. I doubt it's any different ordered online. You'd be selling shrink-wrapped but unboxed stuff. Still not too bad, but more trouble than I'd like to deal with.

sapauley21

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2009
Morgantown, WV
I dont understand why you wouldnt want to use the magic mouse..it is simply the coolest mouse you could ever use...i can understand the full size keyboard making you buy the wired keyboard but i would definitely use the magic mouse....and when you buy the imac they are right...when you open your box the first thing you pull out is the box which contains the wireless keyboard, mouse, screen cleaner, and instructions manual...it would be hard to sell the keyboard and mouse for the price you would want considering they do not have their own boxes...just my thoughts..

cman-uk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
When I bought my iMac in the store, they come inside the iMac box in a little box with the manual. I doubt it's any different ordered online. You'd be selling shrink-wrapped but unboxed stuff. Still not too bad, but more trouble than I'd like to deal with.
and when you buy the imac they are right...when you open your box the first thing you pull out is the box which contains the wireless keyboard, mouse, screen cleaner, and instructions manual...it would be hard to sell the keyboard and mouse for the price you would want considering they do not have their own boxes...just my thoughts..

Thanks to both above, I've just checked this unboxing video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45tqMGypYY - see 2min 14sec - is that the box you refer to? I presume thats how they would arrive if I bought them separately from Apple any other time?

I dont understand why you wouldnt want to use the magic mouse..it is simply the coolest mouse you could ever use...
...mainly because I will be bootcamping Windows A LOT of the time.
Also because I love my Logitech G7 (and bought it for a price such that I cannot just retire it!)
Finally, I rely on my middle click (third mouse button) quite heavily for when I use Opera...

iWoz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2009
East Midlands, U.K
Hey all,

I'm going to be placing an order (UK) for the 21.5" iMac in the very near future. With regards to keyboard options, I require the full sized version, which unfortunately does not arrive in wireless form. boo.

During the spec up, when I select the wired keyboard, the price remains the same :confused: (even though, separately, the wired one costs £28 whilst the wireless one costs £55 ).

I also do not envisage using the Magic Mouse. I hope to use my Logitech G7.

Is it worth opting for the wireless keyboard/magic mouse combo, and ordering a wired keyboard, then sell the wireless keyboard/magic mouse (eBay, etc)? Or is that just hassle?
What would you do?

It makes sense to sell the wireless magic mouse and keyboard on ebay, as you'll make a nice bit of cash from it!!

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
Finally, I rely on my middle click (third mouse button) quite heavily for when I use Opera...

Me, TOO! I've already ruled out the Magic Mouse just because of that... and I haven't even tried one yet. I was going to get one for my old iMac (can't get a new one yet), but I bought a wireless Mighty Mouse instead. Oh, well...

cman-uk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Me, TOO! I've already ruled out the Magic Mouse just because of that... and I haven't even tried one yet. I was going to get one for my old iMac (can't get a new one yet), but I bought a wireless Mighty Mouse instead. Oh, well...

Opera rules :cool:

It makes sense to sell the wireless magic mouse and keyboard on ebay, as you'll make a nice bit of cash from it!!

Yeah, lets hope so. Its a bit of hassle, especially after PayPal and eBay both take a hefty cut!

Offer still stands to those in the UK... :)

EDIT: Also, thanks for the votes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.