After some more thinking, I am thinking of going ahead with getting a 2nd hand iPad Pro 12.9 inch, mainly because I can feel the strain of the iPad Air 1 and also wanting to evaluate a 12.9 inch iPad for my usage instead of smaller iPads; I have been wanting such a big tablet for years but also have to be aware of the possibility that it may not be for me in the long run. Also, my recent experience with my handphone hinted to me at this move too. I had a barely working Sony Xperia Z3 Compact for months, could have waited longer for the Xperia XZ Premium but I decided to cut losses and traded in that Z3 Compact and paid for a Xperia XZs, which is serving me very well right now. This made me wonder if waiting for too long is worthwhile or not; one of the commentators on my Xperia situation commented that it may not be so and to also consider the amount of opportunities lost (in this context, he used the amount of handphone shots that he would have missed out had he continued waiting instead of just getting the then-new Xperia XZ) Not helping that I want the iPad Air to be still in iOS 7.0 for legacy apps and jailbreak, while letting this 12.9 inch iPad be iOS 10 and upwards. The last thing I need is for this iPad Air to be damaged if I continue to use it due to well, Murphy's Law, forcing an upgrade to iOS 10 since the service centers here will do so as part of repair procedures, which means the iPad Air will lose its value further. Anyway, I digress. The idea now is to get the 12.9 inch iPad reasonably cheap (which means below refurbished prices but yet still has its original packaging), use this to test out in real world settings the concept of using 12.9 inch iPad and then decide my next moves from there, which are: a. Trade this in for the new 12.9 model coming out soon (or wait for the somewhat inevitable storage price drop before doing so) b. Trade this in for the new 10.5 model coming out soon(or wait for the somewhat inevitable storage price drop before doing so) c. Trade this in for the new 9.7 model coming out soon(or wait for the somewhat inevitable storage price drop before doing so) d. Just simply use it until it spoils, assuming that the new models are not suitable (read: "brave" removal of the headphone jack) The only concerns I can see are: 1. Lack of warranty and the inability of buying AppleCare for this iPad 2. Not sure how to check 2nd hand iPad, will need some advice here 3. Overall value worthiness of this move What do you guys think?