Buying 4S: store vs online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jedi5, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Jedi5 macrumors 6502

Jedi5

looking to upgrade to 4S. Not sure whether to buy online or just go to my local ATT.

Worried that ATT might try to give me the run around and not want to transfer some of my current plans... $5 text or unlimited data.

So to arm myself, if I were to walk into an ATT store, it should be pretty easy and straight forward, right?

2 yr plan
    keep same plan <unlimited data, minutes, txt>
    upgrade fee $18 or so
    cost of iphone

I mean if I feel they are trying to pull a fast one, I just leave...

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Your local AT&T store is likely to be out of stock. You might try reserving one for next-day pickup at your local Apple store (if you have one):

www.apple.com/iphone/how-to-buy

3. trek360 macrumors 6502

Finding one at an AT&T store will be your biggest challenge. You will probably have to order if you are looking to get one anytime soon from them. Otherwise apple is your best bet for in store availability.

In terms of the plan renewal, I had no issues in store with the unlimited data renewal. I was told I could not renew my $5 text plan as it did not exist anymore but it didn't bother me because I wanted to add family text anyway. You may have to be a bit more firm and request a supervisor to see if that is possible. I have read that it is on this forum.