Buying 6s+ (AT&T) From Target?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CassandraLee425, Oct 11, 2015.

1. CassandraLee425, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

CassandraLee425 macrumors member

CassandraLee425

Wondering if anyone has gotten a 6s+ from any Target stores. What was the process like?

I have a 9/30 order for a 64gb Gold 6s+ which I made in an AT&T store using AT&T Next24 (paid only for the taxes). It's been sitting for 11 days with no status change or change in estimated shipping dates 10/28-11/4 (I'll wait for another few days in case my order does decide to go through). My local StLouis Target has had my model for DAYS now... Five minutes from my house... Just sitting there.

I really want to know the process of canceling my AT&T order and buying the phone at Target. Does AT&T refund those taxes? Would they charge me for cancelling? What's the process for buying an AT&T iPhone from Target? Would it be like signing up for Next again? The Target site "payment installments" info matches up with AT&T and you have to select your carrier to get those prices. An AT&T rep via chat told me Target has really nothing to do with AT&T so how does that work? Also, would I only need to pay the taxes again to walk out with my phone, as I would have if my AT&T store had it available?

Should I just wait it out? I've never been so impatient for anything in my life. If you have any experience with buying the 6s+ from Target, not just AT&T/canceling, post it!
    Thanks!

2. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I am sure they would refund it all you, they likely haven't billed it yet, just put a hold on it. My experience was they cancelled (before I placed a new order) and refunded it all, no questions asked. If I were in your position I would get the phone from Target, then cancel your ATT order, especially if you're sure it's not going to ship within the next day or two.

3. CassandraLee425 thread starter macrumors member

CassandraLee425

I'll probably wait until the end of the week to decide. I just want to be able to walk out of Target with my phone without spending more than I've already spent (money is tight!) lol *big dreamer over here*

4. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

I have Verizon, but it went like this:

Cancelled my order with Verizon. It was a day in-advance, and Verizon told me it might take 24 hours for my upgrade eligibility to return, but my line was still showing as upgrade eligible, even while my order was processing. I also see many people saying that they went and upgraded their phone in a store, and cancelled their orders afterwards. I haven't seen anybody say they tried to do that, and it didn't work, so it probably doesn't matter.

I called my Target on Friday and found out that they had the phones there. Got there quick, as I lived down the street. Process was fairly quick too.

Gave them the usual info. Identified myself, account pin, last four of SSN. Gave them my license. Verified everything. Kept my account the same. Opted for no replacement plan. Chose the device monthly payment plan for Verizon. Paid the taxes (NJ sales tax brought my in-store bill to 66.50). Got my phone set up, and left. I was out 20 minutes after I got there, and that was only because I was making conversation with the saleswomen.

Came back the next day. Phones were still in stock. Got another 128 GB. Same process as above, but I was done in about 10 minutes this time.

From now on, whenever there is a new phone out, and it's hard to locate, I will be checking Target first. They told me they had barely sold any by the first day I got there.