Buying 6s with Discover cash back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Christian 5G, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

Wondering if anybody bought the iPhone 6s with the Discover cash back from Apple Store?

Did it go through (cash back wise) or should I wait for next month as the quarter changes?

2. teabonesteak macrumors regular

purchased a 6s with discover on apple pay.. no issues.

shows up as apple pay in account details.. cash back has not posted yet. from what ive heard, you have to wait until your statement closes for the cycle.

3. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

Our statement cut off and we still did not get our cash back. We're told it takes 2 billing cycles (in case you decide to return, I guess).

4. teabonesteak macrumors regular

thanks for the info. as long as it gets here, im good. the 6s has been such and improvement over the 6... theres no way im going back. :)

5. Christian 5G thread starter macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

In line to buy 2nd 6s with Apple Pay this time. Will return my first one though tomorrow :)

6. Christian 5G thread starter macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

Just that feeling of unboxing second iPhone is like christmas present :)

7. Christian 5G thread starter macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

Feels so great unboxing second one and still get that exciting feeling lol.

Attached Files:

8. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

It will take a year but you will get 22% cashback using apple pay

9. teabonesteak macrumors regular

from my understanding, you get the first 10% at the normal interval.. but the doubling happens at your anniversary date. a nice bonus indeed. :)

10. harpyeagle macrumors regular

I thought it was 20% - (10% at the close of first/second billing cycle) x 2 @first anniversary

Am I missing something?

11. BrentD macrumors regular

Did I miss something? The 5% cash back offer going on right now is for Home Improvement Stores, Department Stores and Amazon. The 5% cash back deal with Shop Discover (or Discover Deals, as it's now called) specifically states "EXCEPTIONS: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Pro, Apple Watch EDITION, pre-order/pre-sale merchandise", among a few other things. Is there some other deal you guys are talking about?

12. harpyeagle macrumors regular

Yes. See here - http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/16/discover-apple-pay-launch/

You get 10% cash back for using Apple Pay till End of 2015 and it'll be doubled on your anniversary if this is your first year using it.

13. BrentD macrumors regular

Yeah, I wound up finding it a few minutes later when I dug some more. I only see the 10%, though, and not the additional at the end of the anniversary. I can see where you get some extra if you have one of their newer IT or Miles cards, but not the original Discover. Not a big deal I didn't do that, I guess. I got about $80 in fuel rewards for buying Apple Store gift cards to buy my 6S, which is about the same as the 10% cash back and I don't have to wait for those.

14. teabonesteak macrumors regular

from my understanding, it's on top of the default 1% you already get. however, im not holding my breath for it. i'm good with the 20% and if i get 2% more, itll just be gravy.