Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmclark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Windham, ME
Okay, so I know that it's announced that you can buy the 16GB iPhone 3G for $149.99 "while supplies last." How long do you guys think the supplies will last for? Because, I would love to pick one up, (I can't justify another $50 for a compass), but I don't have the money right away. So, any idea how long they will last? Or does it depend on the location? (because if that was the case, then I'll definitely be able to pick one up)

Also, on AT&T's website (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/apple.jsp), they still have the iPhone 3G refurbished listed. The 8GB is $79, and the 16GB is $129, however both the black and white 16GBs are listed as temporarily out of stock. Do you think they will return, or is that the end of the 16GB refurb?

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Its hard to say, but I suggest getting the 3G S because of the speed enhancements, not just the compass. For $50, seems worth it. Just me though.

Jmclark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Windham, ME
Its hard to say, but I suggest getting the 3G S because of the speed enhancements, not just the compass. For $50, seems worth it. Just me though.

Well, I'm currently a broke teen, so $50 is actually quite a difference, and I feel like I don't need "speed enhancements", or any of the "new features", some of which I can get just by jailbreaking.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Well, I'm currently a broke teen, so $50 is actually quite a difference, and I feel like I don't need "speed enhancements", or any of the "new features", some of which I can get just by jailbreaking.

Not to be the downer, but you need to pay $30/mo for data so if you are that broke maybe you should just wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.