buying a 2011 MBP 15" UPGEADE parts?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by softypolimer, May 30, 2011.

1. softypolimer, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011

softypolimer macrumors member

Hi guys,
    I just got a 2011 MBP 15" to replace my 2008 Aluminum MB as my birthday present from my family. Of cause, It's all good and everything but the only problems is I got the model with AMD 6490M 256MB gfx card.:eek:

I know you can always upgrade the memory on your MBP but Is it possible to upgrade the gfx card to AMD 6750M 1GB?

I did brows the apple store with no luck maybe I can find it at apple retailer or from third party?:confused:

Well, Its not that of a big things and I definatly wont complain any thing because it's a present from my family which makes my birthday happy enough.:eek:

So far I'm quite happy with the system and gaming performance but its just for the gaming future.

I mostly use my mac to work between the office and I'm not a big gamer (I'm not using bootcamp or anything) I just starved for gaming on my Macbook since I kept playing Snes9x for all these years since 2008 (2008 Aluminum Macbook can't really play games I own Q4 Cod2, Cod4 smoothly).

I just found Steam on Mac! this is mostly the reason to upgrade

2. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

No, everything is soldered onto the logic board. If it's within two weeks of the purchase, you can take it back and swap it, paying the difference.

3. softypolimer thread starter macrumors member

Bad luck!
    Thx for the replay, I knew I was a slim chance to do so and its already 2 weeks a and 2 days from the receipt. I guess I will have to stick with it till I earn more wages(when?).:rolleyes:

4. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Apple is pretty good about swaps. I was able to do one 5 weeks later because I was having some minor issues with the old one.

5. Newbe macrumors member

Buying a 2011 MBP 15" upgrade parts?

I suggest you contact 800 MY APPLE immediately and request to return your MBP and exchange it for the Hi End model. Despite the fact the purchase of your MBP exceeds the two day period, Apple generally will permit you to exchange it for the 2.2 GHz with the AMD Radeon 6750M graphics. The exchange of MBP creates no real problem for Apple because the MBP is within the 30 day period of the purchase date and it continues to add to the brand name for high customer ratings. There is no great loss to Apple because Apple will receive the increased sale price for the Hi End MBP and at the same time it will sell your original MBP as a Refurbished Mac.

6. softypolimer, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011

softypolimer thread starter macrumors member

solved

sound like a good news to me then. Sadly, my co-worker told me that all of the apple product in Thailand(where I live now) came form Singapore through the reseller which could be a pain to talk over.

My fired up for MBP gaming suddenly gone last night. :eek: I guess it's just all about my new MBP excitement. Mac never been that good for gaming or own much of a title anyway, and I'm not really a fan of bootcamp.

Still, a hi-end MBP is always better for a long term usage. I definitely going to give it a try to tomorrow

Edit: I just found out that Thailand's reseller an @ss (most reseller are) but the good news is I found a junior guy who can help me with a student discount for a Hi-end MBP. My chance is most likely sell it off the internet since it's still new and buy a new one with a little more price.