Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mike789

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Hi, I'm just getting into the graphic design stuff and want to buy a basic tablet for drawing on the computer. I'm thinking this one :

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...c_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

It has pretty good reviews and I think it will be good for a beginner right?

And dumb question, but it will work with adobe photoshop and illustrator right? It doesn't come with software which is fine as long as it works with the above mentioned programs.

Thanks

likeavaliant

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2006
Go for it dude. You don't need anything fancy if you're just starting out and that's a powerful tool as is. It works with both Photoshop and Illustrator.

lorductape

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2006
t3h usa
it will act as the mouse, so it will work with anything. even safari. try playing a FPS with a tablet..

but on that note, IMHO that one youre talking about is trashy.

sai addict

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2009
i suggest an intuos i had a bamboo and it was nice for illustrating but when you are working on a project the pressure sensitivity was all wrong and i tried changing the settings to hard or soft and it just wasnt the most comfortable
then i got the new intuos 4 (med) and there os 2000+ pressure sensitivity levels
i really enjoy it for drawing

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
If you are drawing, touching up photos or moving points around in illustrator, bamboo works perfectly fine. If you start trying to create digital art with airbrush or painting tools, the intuos starts to pull ahead. I would go bamboo for now and see what you like/dislike, then if you decide to upgrade you know what you want (ie, would a larger or smaller tablet work better for you). Nobody can answer questions like that for you, it is a personal decision.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.