Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrispholt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Hi,
I hope this has not been asked/answered before.

I want to buy a mpb 15" with an anti-glare screen next week when I get my money. However I go back backing round Greece on the 2nd of July. I also am going to my other home (where my credit card is not under that address) half way through next week.

My question is if I call up an apple retail store and say that I want would like to buy the mpb with anti-glare screen (base model) with college discount.
Could they order it to the store and I come, pay for it there when it arrives, this would allow me to show them my letter of acceptance and get it while I am up north.

If someone could answer this for me it would be great.

Thanks

Or is there some sort of express shipping?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Some stores carry the hi res screen as well because it's so popular. They can order a BTO for you if you want but that'll take some time. Give them a call, that answers all your questions better than any of us can do

chrispholt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Some stores carry the hi res screen as well because it's so popular. They can order a BTO for you if you want but that'll take some time. Give them a call, that answers all your questions better than any of us can do

Yes. Ok I'm a bit scared of being pursued into a purchase if I call them, I dont have the money yet....

Thanks anyway, I was just hoping someone may have some prior knowledge to help along my plans.

Thanks

doktordoris

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2009
Apple's salesmen aren't high-pressure. I don't think that they work on commission either.

Hmmm, they may not be very "high pressure", but they can be a bit weird.

When I rang to order my MBP the guy on the phone kept asking me odd questions-

What do you know about your MBP? Tell me about it?

The he pestered my to buy iWorks, but then when I refused he gave me a copy free. Then he did the same thing with a remote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.