Buying a iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by samven582, Oct 23, 2011.

1. samven582 macrumors 6502a

I plan on buying a iPad 2 this week and I was wondering what are the chances of getting one with dead/stuck pixels and dust?

2. ahdickter macrumors 6502

Umm.....does it matter? You can just walk into the store and get a new one free of charge. And it's not a retina display, so you'll know if there are dead pixels. Just buy it and have fun with it :D

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Between several family members, we've been through 6 iPod touches, 5 iPads, and 3 iPhones. I've yet to see any with stuck pixels or dust under the screen.

4. samven582 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bought a iPad 2 yesterday. The first one had dead 2 dead pixels. exchanged it right on the spot. The second one also has 1 dead dead pixel. Will be exchanging sometimes this week. Bought it a 5th ave Apple store. Hopefully the third will be better.

5. Orionsbelt macrumors newbie

6. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Never have seen a dead pixel in anything I've owned from Apple in about 10 years now. CS will replace it quickly if u do have issues.

7. samven582 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I paid $700+ for my iPad 2. It should be dust and dead/stuck pixel free.

8. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

What kind of a question is this? Any product has a chance of being defective. If you are that scared, then the best solution is not to buy at all. :p

9. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

10. samven582 thread starter macrumors 6502a

11. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

However, your keyboard does seem to have problems.

12. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

One way to help reduce ones frustration if problems arrive, is to avoid thinking about how much you paid for your Apple product. Posts that read "I paid $xxx amount for my ____ and I expect better are common. Unfortunately that argument, while logical and reasonable, does not Apply.

Many will argue you get what you pay for, but that's an old irrelevant thought in today's market. In some cases it's true, yet in many others it's not.

The best approach is to read about the product you're about to buy, accept the problems it has if you are going to buy. Otherwise if the problems are too much for you, buy something else.

When it comes to tech gear today it can be a crap shoot no matter who makes it.

13. briand05 macrumors 6502

I just got the iPad 2 yesterday, no dead pixels or backlight problems thankfully. Loving it so far, I had the iPad 1 last year but sold it when I got my iPhone 4. Browsing is ridiculously fast on ios 5, surprisingly quite close to my laptop. I am totally in love with the multitasking gestures, it really adds so much to this device.

14. thaghost macrumors 6502

I've bought 3 ipads in the past month from best buy for work. Each one flawless.