Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
ive been a mac user most of my life but for the last 2 years ive been using a pc mainly for a few games that i wanted to play were on pc. now that apple anounced bootcamp ive been looking to switch esp now since my computer has given me enough problems thanks to a part to compaqs/hps lovely restore system "ends sarcasm". i have a few questions my first being does bootcamp absoulty have to have sp2 or can you install a normal version of xp. Second how does bootcamp run with apples wifi those r the only things i can think of right now ill be sure to add more later if i can think of any.

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
Most questions dealing with boot camp can be found in the Windows on the Mac (obviously you've found it already...) section of this forum. Also the instructions for Boot Camp answer a lot of questions as well.

Yes, you must install wish SP2, and yes, Windows does recognize Apple's wifi cards once you install the Apple Windows Drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.