Buying a mac book pro at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shehateme, Aug 28, 2009.

1. shehateme macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm about to purchase my first mac book pro. I was wondering if I were to buy it at best buy and it breaks, would I be able to take it to the apple store to get it fixed, or would I have to take it back to best buy?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. RobZ1 macrumors newbie

BestBuy

There is no problem with buying the Pro at Best Buy and takeing it to your local Apple Store. Remember you get 1year warranty thru Apple and 90days Tech support via phone.... Bestbuy does offer there Black tie protection with covers all wear and tear and accidental damage....incase you drop it or spill anything on it.......

Hope that helps..

3. aznando macrumors newbie

aznando

Best Buy also has a DOA policy that will allow you to return it for a new one within 14 days. Otherwise no problem going to the Apple Store.

Aznando

4. shehateme thread starter macrumors newbie

sweet thanks guys. picked up my mac book this morning B)

5. Knoxville3G macrumors member

Congrats on your new MBP! I bought my mid-09 15" uMBP from Best Buy with NO problems whatsoever. I bought AppleCare off of Amazon and haven't had a problem since. But yeah, your MBP has a 1 year Apple warranty, so if you need to take it to Apple during your first year (without extended coverage) of course you can take it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store. Congrats again on the new purchase!