Buying a Mac from eBay ....

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by CXsjr, Mar 1, 2010.

1. CXsjr macrumors regular

CXsjr

If I were to consider purchasing a second hand Mac from eBay, are there any particular things I should be looking out for, and traits that should ring alarm bells?

I saw this machine .... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150417313653#ht_572wt_1167 .... and reckon it looks like it might be a good investment as several individuals here seem to rate the 2008 over the current offering.

Taking the cited machine as an example, what sort of price would you folks bid up to for this particular machine (I've no idea how much it would've cost new!)?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated ....

2. Transporteur macrumors 68030

Looks good and since the seller offers collection I don't see any reason not to buy that machine.

If would be a steal for that price. :D

What about Apple Care? Does the machine have the extended warranty or is it still younger than a year.
    Personally, I'd never buy anything that can't be covered with AppleCare since replacement parts for these machines are extremely expensive.

3. Ricko101 macrumors member

This is what I bought on eBay just a few days ago for comparison purposes...

2008 dual 3.2 16MB ram 3.5TB hard drives.... $3,300 with 1 year left on Apple care.