Buying a Mac Pro - Should I wait ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thelastbencher, Nov 16, 2009.

1. thelastbencher macrumors newbie

Hi.

Im a music composer and use my computer to produce tracks. I use soft synths and sometimes run as many as 50 tracks (MIDI and Audio) in Cubase.

Im a pc user planning to shift to mac (running Logic 9). :apple:

Im thinking to go for the Mac Pro 8 core, 2.26Ghz machine (Base verison, with no upgrades as of now). I plan to buy it in a month's time.

But i read this, and now im confused !

http://forum.hardmac.com/index.php?showtopic=7116&pid=13263&st=0&#entry13263 :eek:

Should i wait for Jan-Feb for the new mac pro with intel's gulftown processors?

And the other question is, will there be a price rise for these new machines ? If so, will it a minor change or a considerable one ? :(

Please help.

2. ClassicII macrumors 6502

ClassicII

Relax dude.

On the Mac Pro dont expect any thing this year. Apple has said it will not bring out any more product updates in 2009.

I would expect around February for some sort of news of an update. If they do update you could find a nice one for a good discount on the refurbished store. That is where I have bought all of my mac's and have been 100% satisfied!

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Excuse me? I wasn't like: "STUPID NEWB. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE WE DO THIS ALL THE TIME ARE YOU REALLY THAT INCOMPETENT TO TYPE IN THREE WORDS IN A BOX."

4. Andy348 macrumors 6502

I actually laughed out loud.

Thanks!

5. thelastbencher thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. Checked out the thread. I think i'd like to wait for 3 months. Do u think there will be a price rise on it ?