Buying a Mac Pro...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by gazfocus, Feb 5, 2008.

  1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

    gazfocus

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #1
    I have been waiting since August for a Macbook Pro update and one still hasn't arrived.

    My initial intention was to buy a Macbook Pro now and a mac pro in the summer when I move house. However, I am now getting extremely cheesed off with waiting and waiting for an updated MBP.

    So...my question now is should I buy a Mac Pro now instead of waiting for the MBP to be updated? Will I kick myself if I buy my Mac Pro now and the MBP is updated next week?
     
  2. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

    ErikAndre

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
    #2
    Funny you should mention it. It's speculated (and MR even posted on Page 2 about it) that the MBP will be coming out next week (02-12). It'll be best to hang in there if that's what you're after.
     
  3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

    edesignuk

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2002
    Location:
    London, England
    #3
    There's no way you will ever feel let down by the Mac Pro.

    You can't wait forever, just go for it.
     
  4. Tracer macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    #4
    With the new ones out there is only two reasons to wait:

    1) Waiting for the 8800GT to come out

    2) Waiting for the Refurbished ones to come out.

    Otherwise, pull the trigger.

    Tracer
     
  5. zdobson macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2007
    Location:
    Indiana
    #5
    If you want to work really, really quickly, get the Mac Pro.
    If you want to have a mobile office, get the MBP.
    Sometimes the simplest answer is the best.
     
  6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    #6
    You've been waiting since August? You do know they were updated in June, right? Either way, you can't go wrong.
     
  7. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

    gazfocus

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    Location:
    Liverpool, UK
    #7
    I've been following all the rumours and every week it seems to be "next week or the week after blah blah blah"

    I agree that sometimes the simplest answer is the best, but by the summer I will be having both anyway. Just wondering which one to buy now and which one to wait for.

    To be honest, when I decided to wait, I wasn't into MacRumors (didn't even know it existed), and basically, when the iMacs were refreshed, I decided that when the Macbook Pro's got updated, I'd buy one. (If I'd known they were only a couple of months old, I would have bought one then, but that makes it even less worth the money now).
     
  8. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

    321estrellas

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2007
    #8
    The Mac Pros were updated last month, so why don't you get that now? That way, by the summer, the MacBook Pro's will have hopefully updated by then while the Mac Pros will be around the middle of the cycle.
     

Share This Page