Buying a Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kaldama, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Kaldama macrumors member

Guys im thinking of buying a macbook, but do u think i should wait or the the macbooks wont get any update any time soon. As far as i can remember the last update was in october 2008 with the new aluminum??

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Kaldama thread starter macrumors member

thanks man, sorry for my ignorance nim just new to the forums

4. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

if you want one now, just buy one now!

i had to wait for mine until i got birthday money a couple of years ago, luckily osx 10.5 had just come out and the macbooks had just been updated. i would have bought one regardless. they got updated only a few months after, but i really couldn't care less :)

5. jota73 macrumors 6502

jota73

6. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

It's a reasonable time to buy the MacBook. And like someone in here said, if you need it now, don't wait!

7. mbleopard macrumors regular

Your better off just buying one or your gonna be waiting for awhile, the only updates anytime soon will probably be a bump in speed and maybe hard drive capacity...but even that probably won't be happening for awhile.

8. waiwai macrumors regular

I think you should wait till 2015 because the Macbooks then will have the performance on today's Mac Pro's in a mobile body... *tsk tsk

Seriously though, if you want to buy a Mac go buy it. If you don't need it right now... wait till whenever they decide to update their products... until the specs meet your preference... No one can give u a definitive date of when they will be refreshed, cuz only The Jobs knows and he doesn't even spill the beans even to his wife.

9. macgrl macrumors 65816

10. creon macrumors 6502

If I had read all of the posts that told me to get one if i needed one, i would be using a blackbook instead of my aluminum MacBook...but with that said, a new update would require a long wait... depends on YOUR needs.

11. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

The thing you should know about Apple or any other computer manufacturer company is that they will always be coming out with something new. If you buy a brand new product that has just be out you should expect something newer to come out in 6 to 8 months time. If you are happy with the current system and think it will serve you well then get it and dont think of whats coming up next.