Buying a Macbook in 6 Weeks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stekerrod, Jul 26, 2007.

1. stekerrod macrumors regular

Hi guys,
    im a uni student and currently use a 14" iBook G4 whilst at uni. like every other studnet im workin loads over the summer and have decided a good way to spend this money would be to buy a new Macbook.

I know that they were updated a couple of months ago but does anyone reckon there is going to be any more up dates in the next 6 weeks (i know apple never lets on there will be) but just wondering what you guys reckon!

o and its the better of the white ones i was going to buy and upgrade the Ram to 2Gb myself

thanks for the help/advice guys!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I doubt that there will be an update to the MacBook line in the next 6 weeks, probably sometime around January. And I think that you should get the white MacBook and add the RAM later.

3. Igantius macrumors 65816

Predicting the next releases is just guesswork and in this case, the educated guesses would say 'no'.

4. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

Also, if you buy now you can take advantage of the ipod promotion, which i believe starts on aug.1 for the UK. The additional cash from selling the ipod will probably cover your ram upgrade. So its a great time to buy, especially for students.

5. stekerrod thread starter macrumors regular

cheers guys.....i dont think there will be but was just seeing what every one said....wasnt sure when the iPod offer was kickin in so i mite have to get that orange shuffle ive fancied for a while!

thanks again guys!