Buying a MacBook in the Netherlands

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zI INFINITY Iz, Nov 11, 2013.

1. zI INFINITY Iz macrumors regular

First of all: I wasn't sure where to post this. I looked in the "buying tips and advice" sub-forum and searched for a similar thread but couldn't find anything. If this thread should be moved there, please go ahead.

Anyway, I'm really close to buying a new rMBP (my first Mac). Besides choices like 13" vs 15", dGPU or only iGPU, I have been searching for the "best" place to buy a new MacBook. I have found some old discussions via Google (non on MacRumours), but I can't really find anything recent and good.

So my question to other Dutch people here: where do you buy your Mac(Book)'s?

- There is one official Apple Store in Amsterdam (I live near Rotterdam, so it's not really close, nor is it very far).

- There are aMac stores. There is one in Rotterdam (the location is perfect for me)

- Last but not least: big stores like Media Markt.

Any advice? The price is the same in all stores as far as I know, it's more about warranty and customer service quality. Again from what I read, some people say the customer service at aMac stores can be pretty poor. But then again, you get "3 years of warranty" from them. Though some things aren't under warranty after the first year, some are, bla bla bla. Media Markt gives you 2 years true warranty. I can go on and on about what I've read till now, but most info was (years) old and in the end I just want to ask the question:

Any advice from other people in the Netherlands?

Kind regards :)

2. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Buy it from the Dutch Apple website.

3. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

Apple Store online. Best way to go. Get educational discount if you can. Refurbished section if on a budget.

4. zI INFINITY Iz thread starter macrumors regular

I can get the educational discount since I'm a student. At aMac you can also get the edu discount though. The thing is, if you buy it online, doesn't it make it harder in case of problems with the machine? Or can you just walk into a premium re seller store (like aMac) and get it exchanged?

But for now it seems 2 votes for Online Apple store, good to know :) Tnx

5. asian1980nl macrumors newbie

hi, have you consider dixons.nl ? they offer 3 years warranty.
    I was at mediamarkt rotterdam centrum this afternoon, there was only one apple sale man at the Apple showroom, and he was busy with a customer at that moment. As i am a apple newbie, i wanted to ask him some questions regarding the 13' macbook pro retina late 2013. After the long wait(abt 25mins), i just walk away...:(
    As i don't live in rotterdam, now i am thinking just order one via online. And like you, i cannot decide order from which websites and how's there after sales service would be :rolleyes:

6. albertdros macrumors member

A-Mac in the Netherlands is the biggest ****up ever. I once bought a charger there, but 30 minutes after i bought it my friend gave me a call saying he had a spare that I could have. I went back to A-Mac to return it, package still closed and sealed. They did not want to give me back my money. Nice Apple service! "That's not our policy, you can trade it for something else, but not get back your money." Well **** your policy, I've never come back there again. Also heard from numerous people that they ****ed up their Macbook with their so called 'service' and claiming they did not damage it.

In short, NEVER SHOP OR BRING YOUR MAC TO AMAC

to add: I bought my first mbp at the online store with edu discount. No problems. Now I'm living in Hong Kong and I never want to buy a Mac in Holland again. What are they thinking charging 2650 euro for the high end MBP when I can get it here for 1800. WTF? Also, you might wanna try buying it in the UK. Check ebay UK sellers. Usually cheaper.