buying a MacBook in the us of a

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by qwerty2k, Aug 9, 2008.

1. qwerty2k macrumors regular

Right, so im in the uk but i am going over to Las Vegas in december on a gambling holiday!

Now i got my macbook in january and instantly my parents became jealous when i showed them all it could do! Their laptop has very flakey wireless that constantly cuts out, they also want to be able to manage/print/scan photo's in (photo's/web browsing is their main usage).

Now, as im going to the usa i thought about buying a macbook over there as they are much cheaper than in the uk, will i need any special power adapters or anything though? If it goes wrong will apple still accept the return/repair even though it will be in the uk?

Also, if i bought mobileme out in vegas (providing that the service actually works by then ;)) will that also work even though i will be registering an account from within the uk?

thanks in advanced,

Scott

2. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Yes, if you go to a dollar store or a chain store like bestbuy you can buy an adapter for the plugs for under $5 usually. I am not sure if they will accept the warranty, maybe they will just make you ship it to USA.