Buying a macbook Pro In calgary (canada)...So hard.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by swordth, Jul 7, 2008.

1. swordth macrumors newbie

Hey,

Today i went to three places to find a macbook pro which I could buy with the 200 dollars student discount and the $319 ipod touch rebate.

I went to a authorized mac dealer/store, and they did have the discounts and reabtes, but they also had a 15% restocking fee. The apple website has a 10% restocking fee.

I went to bestbuy and they had no student discount or ipod rebates.
    I went to futureshop (which is now owned by bestbuy) and they had kinda a discount in the form of a 200 dollar gift card if you bought and ipod touch and a macbook.

The last 2 really arnt anywhere close to the discounts/rebates your supposed to get. Apparently different BB stores are run by owned by different people and therefore may have different policies.

Which brings me to my question, does anyone know any decent retailers in calgary, or online in canada which I can get my macbook pro from which wont have ridiculous restocking fees, and which will have the discounts (i dont mind if it lacks the ipod rebate, but id like the student discount).

Thanks alot guys,

2. YahoKa macrumors newbie

www.apple.ca

Probably the best you'll do in Canada. 10% is pretty standard for restocking.

3. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    What they said... :)

4. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

^^^^ +1 Apple Canada. I just bought a iPod through Apple; Easy, hassle free and I trust them.:D

5. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

I just got mine from Futureshop. I couldn't believe they had a deal to get the iPod touch for next to nothing...plus I got my products right there and then, didn't have to wait for shipping...good experience too with the salesman. Heard so many bad things about that place, but I'm really impressed with it all.

Oh, and I can return the Macbook Pro within 14 days to the store with no questions asked and no restocking fees.