Buying a MacBook Pro: Is there any reason to wait?

George Smiley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Hello,

I'm about to join the Mac World and purchase a 13in. MacBook Pro with the i7 2.9gHz processor (the latest model, I believe).

I realize that Apple will be releasing a new line of notebooks very soon, and was wondering if it's worth waiting? What will be upgraded in the new line that I won't get with this model that I plan on buying? And will I still be able to get a comparable computer (hardware & specs-wise) for the same price (approx. $1799.00)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
GS

Nov 28, 2010
located
For 1,799 USD you can get a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display, unless you want 16 GB RAM and a bigger SSD.
As for what the new upgrades will bring, which is more likely to appear in late summer, early autumn, is a faster integrated graphics processor (IGP) and better battery life, if the classic MBP gets continued.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:

adjeff8

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
For 1,799 USD you can get a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display, unless you want 16 GB RAM and a bigger SSD.
As for what the new upgrades will bring, which is more likely to appear in late summer, early autumn, is a faster integrated graphics processor (IGP) and better battery life, if the classic MBP gets continued.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:

More like July. But we will find out in a few days. The OP would be doing himself a favor by waiting because he can either get the new machine or a price break on the current machine...In just a few weeks

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
More like July. But we will find out in a few days. The OP would be doing himself a favor by waiting because he can either get the new machine or a price break on the current machine...In just a few weeks
I would also agree with this advice.