Buying a MacBook Pro: Is there any reason to wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by George Smiley, May 13, 2013.

1. George Smiley macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm about to join the Mac World and purchase a 13in. MacBook Pro with the i7 2.9gHz processor (the latest model, I believe).

I realize that Apple will be releasing a new line of notebooks very soon, and was wondering if it's worth waiting? What will be upgraded in the new line that I won't get with this model that I plan on buying? And will I still be able to get a comparable computer (hardware & specs-wise) for the same price (approx. $1799.00)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    GS

2. simsaladimbamba

For 1,799 USD you can get a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display, unless you want 16 GB RAM and a bigger SSD.
    As for what the new upgrades will bring, which is more likely to appear in late summer, early autumn, is a faster integrated graphics processor (IGP) and better battery life, if the classic MBP gets continued.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:
    [​IMG]

3. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

More like July. But we will find out in a few days. The OP would be doing himself a favor by waiting because he can either get the new machine or a price break on the current machine...In just a few weeks

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I would also agree with this advice.