Buying a MacBook Pro: Is there any reason to wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by George Smiley, May 13, 2013.

  1. George Smiley macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 13, 2013
    #1
    Hello,

    I'm about to join the Mac World and purchase a 13in. MacBook Pro with the i7 2.9gHz processor (the latest model, I believe).

    I realize that Apple will be releasing a new line of notebooks very soon, and was wondering if it's worth waiting? What will be upgraded in the new line that I won't get with this model that I plan on buying? And will I still be able to get a comparable computer (hardware & specs-wise) for the same price (approx. $1799.00)?

    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
    GS
     
  2. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #2
    For 1,799 USD you can get a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display, unless you want 16 GB RAM and a bigger SSD.
    As for what the new upgrades will bring, which is more likely to appear in late summer, early autumn, is a faster integrated graphics processor (IGP) and better battery life, if the classic MBP gets continued.


    ____________________________________________________________

    Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:
    [​IMG]
    ____________________________________________________________
     
  3. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

    adjeff8

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2012
    #3

    More like July. But we will find out in a few days. The OP would be doing himself a favor by waiting because he can either get the new machine or a price break on the current machine...In just a few weeks
     
  4. Spink10 macrumors 601

    Spink10

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2011
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    #4
    I would also agree with this advice.
     

Share This Page