Buying a Macbook Pro now or after Macworld 2009

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sk8r953, Dec 11, 2008.

1. sk8r953 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I have to buy an extremely nice laptop for my college architecture program. I am planning on buying a MacBook Pro, most likely the 17" with almost all of the nicest features (school recommends spending between 2 and 5 thousand.) Does anybody know of any improvements or new models of MacBook Pro and/or any new laptops that Mac plans on introducing at Macworld? Bascially I'm trying to decide whether to wait until new products are released to buy a computer or if the MacBook Pro I buy today is going to be the same MacBook Pro after January 9?

Thanks

2. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

if you want the 17, I would wait till after unless you absolutely need it now. Apple will most likely update it to the new glassbook style case and screen, although I hope with all the complaints they start offering a Matte screen option.:rolleyes::apple:

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

As bassproguy (love the SN, btw) said, if you want the 17" it would be best to wait.

4. artczar macrumors newbie

Buy with caution

First off, why would you want a mac for an architecture program? It may work good if you want to use something like Sketch-up for 3d images, but for design, the industry standard is quickly becoming Revit and they don't even make a version for the mac. In addition, I don't know of a single office that uses macs, so you're going to have to switch back to PC's when you get a job anyway. For you're applications, you're much better suited to a PC.

5. htchang1987 macrumors member

Looks like most of you are suggesting that we should wait longer for the 17". However, what if for the purchasing of the 15"? I am planning to buy one soon.