buying a macbook pro question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johnnyfla123, Oct 6, 2013.

  1. johnnyfla123 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2013
    #1
    So i am thinking about getting this macbook:

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/871866-REG/Apple_MD102LL_A_13_MacBook_Pro_Notebook.html

    In the future i would upgrade to a solid state drive, max ram, and thinking it can last 5 years for my uses.

    but with the haswell release coming. Could i get the upgrade equivalent from this website on release day? Its the same pricing as edu just no tax.


    And also would the price drop for this mac model on release date and by how much do you guys speculate?

    ----------

    I don't mind waiting until haswell. i am just wondering so i can plan my options.
     
  2. sarakn macrumors 6502a

    sarakn

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2013
    #2
    Bear in mind that this is an old model - 2012 - not the current 2013 model. Macmall had these for $600 less than current pricing, until they sold out of those and are now selling the 2013 models.
     
  3. johnnyfla123 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2013
    #3
    This model is the latest model from apple. They never upgraded this model like they did with the retina. I am, hoping that haswell updates the classic mbp

    ----------

    this is the macmall one same modle number and specs:

    http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-MacBook-Pro/product~dpno~9232228~pdp.hgciihb
     
  4. sarakn macrumors 6502a

    sarakn

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2013
    #4
    I see. The model number threw me off because I was shopping for the 2.7 rMBP and it had a similar number.

    Back to your original question: I went back and forth between macmall and apple(also have edu discount) and while I liked the benefit of no taxes(would save $200 on the maxed out rMBP), the feedback I read about MacMall was not very favorable.

    If I were you, I would read reviews about BH and hope they are almost as favorable as Apple. The last thing you want is to deal with annoyances on a $1300 item.

    I think those sites get it a few days later - maybe up to a week just like the delay in the recently released iMac.

    Wait vs Buy Now: If you can, wait. Whether or not the cMBP gets an upgrade, the price can only drop on the unit you want.
     

Share This Page