Buying a macbook pro tomorrow, anything i should know

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CrazyScott, Sep 29, 2008.

1. CrazyScott macrumors member

CrazyScott

Hello,

This is my first post here, I am planning on buying a macbook pro tomorrow is there anything I should know before i do.

Thanks
    CrazyScott:)

2. Awesome-o/ macrumors member

3. CrazyScott thread starter macrumors member

CrazyScott

Like how soon, i am not in a huge rush to get it but i do have my mind made up so the sooner the better i guess.

4. GeekOFComedy macrumors 6502a

october the 14th estimated

5. Awesome-o/ macrumors member

Likely to be in October, so yeah i would probably wait if your in no rush.

6. anbudub macrumors newbie

Check the thread on the nvidia card. Potentially deffective.

7. CrazyScott thread starter macrumors member

CrazyScott

Ok then, thanks for the news. I think i will wait. Since i am waiting i am going to ask a few questions. I am going to be using the macbook pro for developing. I am a CS major and that well be it main use. Do you think the current/new macbook pro is the right choice for me?

Also, from personal use what is better a glossy or mattee screen?

8. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

A glossy screen is better for more vivid colors; a matte screen is better for photographers and film editors since it produces more accurate color.

9. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

I would never go with a matte screen anymore. The colors are so much better.:D

10. CrazyScott thread starter macrumors member

CrazyScott

thanks for the info

11. Mr Nice Guy macrumors member

Mr Nice Guy

Excactly! People keep saying that the glossy screen is way too glossy.. but it's not. It's just like my old laptop. Go for the glossy screen :)

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Also, check out the part of that thread where, in one of my posts, Steve Jobs himself refutes the entire thing.

13. nickcliborne macrumors regular

Don't forget to check the refurb section of the online apple store. They have some awesome deals from time to time and they come with the same 1 year warranty.

14. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

As above; definitely go with glossy!

I'm not a photographer, but then neither are you - the glossy screen will be much nicer to look at :)

Wish mine had it; my brothers Macbook blows my MBP out of the water display wise. Come to think of it, it outperforms it in everything but graphics :eek:

andy.

15. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

do NOT go for the glossy screen, go an apple store, or best buy, and see which one YOU want

the glossy ones have a lot of glare, so if you are going to be using it where there are lights behind you they will reflect off the screen really bad

16. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Good luck with the purchase whenever you decide to make it and enjoy your MBP. Re immediate purchase, as the rumoured updates appear to be imminent, I'd recommend waiting until then (best guesstimate says mid October). Then, you can decide for yourself whether you want the new, updatd models, or are content with the existing models as refurb (and generous discounts often apply in that context). Either way, you'll get a terrific computer. Good luck and enjoy.
    Cheers

17. CrazyScott thread starter macrumors member

CrazyScott

18. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Might be a little too late but use your student discount. Knock a few hundred $ off. If you are not a student, register a gym class or something at your local city college. It's one unit course for $20 here in CA. No registration fee. I don't understand why people would pay $40 per month for 24 hrs fitness while you can pay $20 for 6 month of gym at your city college. Sorry off the topic. Anyway, so register your $20 one unit class and enjoy 6 months of student discount. Or you can drop the class for a full refund.

Good luck.

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

LAWLZ to that.