Buying a macbook pro! Urgent help please!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jamesl94, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

buying a macbook pro in the next couple of days.

Basically, I am using my friend who has a Uni card to get me one with the ipod touch and printer deal.

Basically, she has bought over 5 rebate products using that Uni card. But apple say on their website:

"Up to five (5) rebates per receipt or web order number may be claimed based on the number of Apple computers and iPods purchased. A maximum of five (5) rebates per household may be claimed."

And we will be paying in cash, and I will be under my dads name?

Can she still get the deal for me?

James

2. friareunuch macrumors member

if you're going into an apple store to do it, then yeah. give the cash to the person with the school ID card and have her walk up to the register and buy it. they don't actually keep track of that stuff to my knowledge. they just take down driver's license ID# or passport ID#, but even that seems to be a formality. they end up just entering in random numbers.

3. Jamesl94 thread starter macrumors regular

Hi, thanks for your reply. Can I just get someone to 100% confirm this?

Also, will it be under her name? what problems will this cause me in the future?

James

4. friareunuch macrumors member

well, the only annoying part is that the rebate checks will have to be made out to her i think. then she would have to just pay you back.

the computer will under whatever name you enter in the initial boot setup.

they really don't monitor that discount stuff in the store though. things are only slightly stricter online, too. pretty easy to get around, overall.