Buying a MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by *~Kim~*, May 6, 2013.

1. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Hi all, I'm new.

Wanting to get a MacBook Pro in the next few months, when the Back to School promotion restarts and there has hopefully been a further update.

I've been reading some reviews on the internet, which suggest that the 15" rMBP is worth it over the 15" uMBP, but that the 13" rMBP isn't worth it over the 13" uMBP. I wanted to see what user's opinions are on this, as I am most likely to go for a 13" (currently have a 10" HP netbook, so I'll have a larger screen either way.) I have an external disc drive because of this, so the lack of a built in one isn't a problem for me. I've heard a lot about screen problems with the retina though; has anyone here had any issues?

I won't be using it for gaming etc, so probably don't need the newest model, but having a retina screen on my iPhone and iPad, I'm tempted by that.

2. riverguy macrumors newbie

Buying Mac Book

I would suggest you check out the Apple refurbished Mac Books for some pretty good savings. Go to the Apple store then scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the links on the left hand side. The Retina display is amazing, but will cost you a bit more $$. Just my two-cents.