Buying a MacBook Pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattportner, Apr 10, 2007.

  1. mattportner macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2007
    #1
    I have an iBook G4.
    I am planning on buying a 17'' Macbook Pro.
    I took a look at the MacRumors Buyer Guide.
    It said "buy only if you need it, approaching end of cycle"
    What do you guys think i should do?
    Is the new macbook pro going to be a significant upgrade?
    And do you know possibly when the upgrade will happen?
     
  2. lamina macrumors 68000

    lamina

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2006
    Location:
    From Canada, living in Seoul
    #3
    I agree with the buyer's guide... Leopard is coming out relatively soon, hopefully at WWDC. That alone is enough for me to wait.

    There is also rumour of a new processor coming out. Personally, I would wait. I know what that itch feels like, but for Leopard alone, I think it's worth the wait.
     
  3. zblaxberg Guest

    zblaxberg

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2007
  4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

    Father Jack

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2007
    Location:
    Ireland
    #5
    Wait .... It's too close to Leopard release to buy now. :)
     
  5. ElderscrollsV macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2007
  6. daze macrumors 6502

    daze

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2006
    Location:
    San Jose, California
    #7
    If you want one now, get it from eBay or from the Apple Refurb store. I would not recommend paying full price for it seeing how close June is and WWDC then.
     
  7. netguy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2007
  8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

    synth3tik

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2006
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    #9
    You know. The current model rocks. I think you will be safe. You'll love the machine.:D
     
  9. synth3tik macrumors 68040

    synth3tik

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2006
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    #10


    heh. I didn't even see that. Thank you for pointing that out.:D
     

Share This Page