Buying a MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by e.magnusson, Jun 29, 2007.

1. e.magnusson macrumors member

Hello, I'm buying a MacBook Pro and Ive been looking at the reviews and posts here and noticed lots of complaints about various things like bad screens etc. I'm ordering the $2799 CAN one, or, the middle choice on the buy page and was wondering if anything would happen to that model in terms of bad screen. Is there a specific model that is causing problems or is it all of the configurations? Any help would be great.

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Hi,

There is no specific model that is affected. It is not known yet how widespread the issues discussed here really are. All that can really be advised is that you thoroughly check your machine and return it immediately if there's anything you are not happy with.

Enjoy your new machine, I'm sure it will be fine.

3. Alloye macrumors 6502a

Don't worry. These are fantastic machines. I've had a couple of screen issues myself, but Apple took great care of me. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. :)

4. e.magnusson thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I guess as long as Apple is taking care of the machine if it has problems then I'll be fine. I just don't to pay nearly three grand for a dud. Thank you, those posts were very helpful.

5. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I agree ... they were reassuring. I am presently in the same position as you and eagerly look forward to being a proud MBP owner. While I do not need everything it offers, my primary reason is for the option of the matte screen. Here's hoping we end up as happy campers.