Buying a Macbook soon

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bowlerguy10, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

My dad is funding a Macbook after much convincing for school for the next 3-4 years and I was curious as to what the possibility that the Macbook (not pro) will go through some sort of change worth actually getting? I wouldn't be getting the Macbook before the conference anyway but I was just curious for my own personal knowledge. So what are the chances and what would it be?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

well considering it was just updated 2 months ago, with a pretty decent update...id say may/june

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I was only going to suggest waiting for the Back To School promotion.

It's kinda weird to be buying a new laptop right now for school.

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

ah yes, free ipod

yeah unless he's starting in the summer... college?

6. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Make sure you buy either over the phone or on the Apple website and get the educational discount!

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm a fan of fall semester. The tuition for summer is ludicrous.

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

umm, or the apple store...

9. heatmiser macrumors 68020

10. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

The laptop I am on right now is 5 years old and falling apart. It's really either order now or don't have a computer which I can't do. So I am ordering it now. Yes I am already halfway through the school year.

11. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

take the MB now mate, there is in my opinion no chance the MB will get a crazy overhaul at Macworld. Not even a slight speedbump, it just got a (in my opinion) very nice upgrade. You can now put 4GB Ram in it, wicked good. The GPU is still ***** but who cares really. The thing that will be announced at MW, if at all, will probably be a very expensive ultra portable and target another usergroup as the MB (which is their bestseller if I am correct) just to draw in more and more people to the Macside! :)

A theory like any other...

[EDIT] Ps: I can not recommend the MB enough. They're imo not expensive, just try to find a Windows laptop with the same specs, bar the GPU, for the same price.. It's more or less the same price.

12. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Same HE discount applies in the UK whether you buy in-Store, online or by phone. Though I've heard urban legends of sales reps throwing in stuff for free over the phone. :cool:

13. Bowlerguy10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya I have never sat back and used a newer generation mac before but I have researched and researched and researched some more watched videos etc and am overall just sick of Windows crap. I don't need my computer malfunctioning while I am writing a term paper or something else of importance. Plus I am very very into music photos and video which is what the macs excel at. It's a perfect fit for me right now.