Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikelong622

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
St. Paul, Minnesota
Anyone think it would be a bad idea to buy a new Macbook this week? Probably as early as tomorrow. Seeing as how they just updated to Santa Rosa and the new graphics card I don't see an update happening in the near future. Has the rumor of the aluminum Macbook died off with the new update? Any advice would be awesome.

vanmacguy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Not where you live.
I think now is a great time to buy.

For all we know there might be another update in the next month or three, but then again, there might not be.

If you need it now, get it now, if you don't, then wait until you do.

Keep watching on here for details, but I'd say you're safe to get it now.

Cheers.

mikelong622

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
St. Paul, Minnesota
Yeah I am selling my computer this week so I will need another one this week as well. I could put off selling my current computer till a new one comes out...if it is coming soon, but I think I would rather just experience the joy once again of opening up a brand new Apple Computer Box sooner than later.

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
Look at the buyers guide, since the introduction of the Macbook Apple has been very consistent with their updates: May, November, May, November. Honestly I wouldn't look for a macbook update till May 2008. Macbook pro on the other hand will probably be updated in January at Macworld.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.