Buying a MacBook... wait? or wait more?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tumeg101, Oct 6, 2007.

  1. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

    Tumeg101

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Location:
    Orange County, California
    #1
    Hello all...
    I am 14, and have used PC's all my life... and I finally have enough cash to buy a new MacBook, but the big question is... Should I wait for leopard and buy the MacBook with it preloaded, OR wait even longer for them to update the MacBooks??

    I personally don't think I NEED to wait the extra time for the new MacBooks, because the current ones are fine for me... but I would like your input.

    I will only be using the MacBook for basic stuff, and maybe some Photoshop in the future... The speed is fine for me, I love the look (although I will probably love the alumi also) the harddrive space is more than enough, the graphics is fine (I wont be doing anything that needs good graphics, except for photoshop and that isn't even a for sure thing)
    And I think that is about it...
    So what do you guys think I should do?
     
  2. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

    thebassoonist

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2007
    Location:
    Davis, CA
    #2
    buy now. if you are happy with the current specs, go for it! :D
     
  3. macmike47 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2007
    Location:
    On the road
    #3
    Hey, I'm in a similar situation. I've got an aging powerbook and fancy getting a Macbook sometime soon. Personally, I reckon there will be an update before Christmas, if not early 2008. I'm hanging on. From past experience, it's best to buy Apple products when newly released :D (for extra shiny-ness!) And you'll save yourself a few Bob/Bucks on Leopard.
     
  4. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

    Veritas&Equitas

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2005
    Location:
    Twin Cities, MN
    #4
    Definitely wait. What's a few weeks for maybe getting upgraded hardware and the new OS?
     
  5. ~J~ macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2007
    Location:
    3rd Rock from the sun
    #5
    honestly, I would just wait for Leopard. Its coming out soon (prob the 26th - Friday)... which would give you the latest OS, and not cost you $130. Leopard has some GREAT new features that you are sure to love. Its so close now, I would say just wait a couple weeks.
     
  6. Tumeg101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Tumeg101

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Location:
    Orange County, California
    #6
    not to be rude, but I wasn't asking if I should wait for leopard... the choices are:

    1)Wait for leopard
    2)Wait for update

    I will be waiting for leopard no matter what, and if maybe more reliable leaks on new macbooks come, I may wait a few more weeks... (I may have to wait a few weeks to get a MacBook with leopard anyway, because I am getting it from my dad's friend who can get me $50 and I don't have to pay tax)
     
  7. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

    ricgnzlzcr

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2005
    #7
    It seems that the current macbook is fine for you but I'd wait for the sake of the new OS...specially since money is tight for someone your age (at least it was for me at 14). Either way you'll get a very powerful computer when you buy.
     
  8. Tumeg101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Tumeg101

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Location:
    Orange County, California
    #8
    Yeah, I am pretty tight on cash, I got $1,268 and my dad can get a mid end MacBook from a friend for $1,266 no tax... (normally a mid end MacBook new would cost me $1,410 ish)
    Thats why I may have to wait 2+ weeks even if I am just waiting for leopard... cause idk how quickly he will get leopard in...
     
  9. djkny macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2003
    #9
    Wait for the Macbook update WITHOUT the annoying glossy screen.
     

Share This Page