Buying a MacBook (White)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SmokingOctopus, Dec 6, 2009.

1. SmokingOctopus macrumors newbie

Just ordered a MacBook (the plain white one - with 4GB of ram and 320GB HD and the AppleCare.) is this a good time? I can cancel the order if not, but I just read some threads here about people saying the MBP should get an update and got worried.
    Will any major changes happen to the plain MacBook pricing within the next 2 months or so? I'm getting this as a Christmas present (kind-of) and can wait until after xmas if its worth it - but bare in mind I've already ordered so I'm not going to cancel to get maybe €60 off in a sale.

Really appreciate any help, thanks.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Given the recent MacBook updates, wouldn't expect to see any in January, def. no major changes.

3. SmokingOctopus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, this reassured me a lot. Cheers for quick reply also.

4. Matthew. macrumors regular

You'll be fine; the update to the Macbook Pro line is expected early next year, 6/7 months after the last update and in line with their recent update cycle. The Macbook has only just been updated and shouldn't see another one until mid next year. Check out the Buyer's Guide for more information.

5. SmokingOctopus thread starter macrumors newbie

Grand, thanks also.

6. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

I don't think there will be any updates on the macbook as it was just updated. If there are any, those will be minor processor speed bump or something like that...but nothing major IMO...

cheers:)