Buying a macbook

Bryson04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
I am new to the forum and I am looking torge getting a new macbook to edit my GoPro videos with. I will have about 720 dollars and plan on buying a used ones on eBay. I am 15 so I am defiantly nt trying to become professional. Any suggestions.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I am new to the forum and I am looking torge getting a new macbook to edit my GoPro videos with. I will have about 720 dollars and plan on buying a used ones on eBay. I am 15 so I am defiantly nt trying to become professional. Any suggestions.
Buy the most powerful machine you can with that amount. There isn't much else to it.

I'd go for a 15'', editing video on a 13'' screen must be painfully cramped.

Bryson04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Buy the most powerful machine you can with that amount. There isn't much else to it.

I'd go for a 15'', editing video on a 13'' screen must be painfully cramped.

Sounds good. I think if like 15" better anyways. Better resolution. I know I need 4gb ram but anything that's not costly that you prefer?

Chris7811

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
I like the air and recommend it for almost anything

I have had 3 in the past 4 years the reason were some were broken and I had to fix them so I kept them but there are a ton out there and are in your price range

A.) amazon.com 650 or less
B.) ebay eh
C.) any other site not trussed by me

in general there are some out there plus you can get an external and use that to hold the videos then the air itself for what ever else you want to do.

here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0074703CM/ref=sr_1_11_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1395771238&sr=1-11&keywords=13+inch+macbook+air&condition=used

or

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-2-13GHz-Storage-Z0JH-2-13-4GB/dp/B00487UR3Q/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1395771436&sr=1-6&keywords=13+macbook+air

Last edited:

Bryson04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
I have had 3 in the past 4 years the reason were some were broken and I had to fix them so I kept them but there are a ton out there and are in your price range

A.) amazon.com 650 or less
B.) ebay eh
C.) any other site not trussed by me

in general there are some out there plus you can get an external and use that to hold the videos then the air itself for what ever else you want to do.

here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0074703CM/ref=sr_1_11_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1395771238&sr=1-11&keywords=13+inch+macbook+air&condition=used

or

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-2-13GHz-Storage-Z0JH-2-13-4GB/dp/B00487UR3Q/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1395771436&sr=1-6&keywords=13+macbook+air

Thanks so much. will defiantly try. How did you go through three macs that fast? Or are you hard on your mac

Bryson04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Stop trying to scare people. Thousands of MacBooks are sold on ebay every day, and all buyers have protection.
All do respect to you I am very appreciative of him showing me that thread. I am not paranoid about eBay. I am more aware.

MTL18

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
As someone who does photography editing while running a tight budget, here is some advice:

#1) External monitors are very cheap now, and editing on a 23 inch screen is way better than a 15.

#2) The price difference between 15 and 13 is likely the cost of an external monitor. Do your research.

#3) Money can be saved by not going retina, which will also give you a computer that can be upgraded over time.

Bryson04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
As someone who does photography editing while running a tight budget, here is some advice:

#1) External monitors are very cheap now, and editing on a 23 inch screen is way better than a 15.

#2) The price difference between 15 and 13 is likely the cost of an external monitor. Do your research.

#3) Money can be saved by not going retina, which will also give you a computer that can be upgraded over time.

Thank you very much. I understand quality is everything but budget is hard to get. I think I will get one and put on my wall or.

Chris7811

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
I am not hard on my macs

I filled my first air which was the second gen so I sold it after that got a pro so I had more space the system was just gone so I used it for a year and then I had my brothers air since he had it cracked by my mom so I gave it to a friend who just used it with her tv then now I have the high end new air for college thats why the pro was used and was basically free