buying a MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macsig, Sep 7, 2008.

  1. macsig macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2006
    Location:
    Marina del Rey, CA
    #1
    Hello, I'm not sure this is the right place to post my question. (I apologize about that).

    Some rumors say in october Apple will release the new MacBook. It will be just a speed-up or a truly new notebook?

    I have decided to buy a MB but I can wait a couple of months for a new model.



    Thanks and have a nice day.
     
  2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #2
    If you want to wait, feel free. None of us know what may happen, all of our guesses are simply rumors. Of course, if the current one will do what you want to do, you could get it now instead of going without one for a month.

    The iPod Promotion made my choice for me :D
     
  3. macsig thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2006
    Location:
    Marina del Rey, CA
    #3
    If the new one is just a speed-up the current one is perfect to me but if they are gonna make a new one, maybe with aluminum case I can wait. I don't wanna buy something already old.

    I know all are just rumors but I would like to know your feelings about that.

    The iPod promotion doesn't make the choice: I have already 3 iPods and I'm planning to buy an iPhone.

    THANK YOU
     
  4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #4
    You could always sell the iPod to take some money off of the MacBook ;)

    Honestly, it's mixed feelings about the aluminum casing. Apple never said there will be one, but you never know, you could wait for just a speed boost and lose the 200-250 off.

    Ultimately, it's up to you.
     
  5. tallestof4 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    #5
    I was gonna wait just like you for the aluminum macbook. I have been waiting since the beginning of summer for the aluminum one and once i found out that is isn't coming in September, i gave in. the iPod allowed me to purchase much wanted software for the mac!
     
  6. Konvert macrumors newbie

    Konvert

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2007
    #6
    wait if you can! That's what i'm going to do. I want to get a new MB and I also don't want it to be an 'old' model, even though I think that the current blackbook is stunning. I'm starting university in october so i'll just keep waiting until the very last moment I can afford to, otherwise its a current gen MB.

    I was kinda bummed to hear that they probably wont be updating MB's at the let's rock event on the 9th ( or so they say..).
     
  7. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2008
    #7
    Well I have the current BlackBook and I'm happy with it. Any speed bump now will be fairly moderate, maybe the same jump as before making 2.6 for the high two and 2.2 or 2.4 for the low MB.

    Honestly you can wait and you can wait, but the MBP case has remained virtually unchanged since the PBG4, thats six years now, and to be honest I'm beginning to doubt there'll be a MB update before MacWorld.

    University starts in a fortnight. And I have a sleek, two month old laptop to go and annoy people with as they complain about their student-offer Dells. :D
     
  8. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 15, 2008
    Location:
    Always in a path of a Hurricane!
    #8
    I also bought now and couldn't be happier, I hope a new one does come out for all my fellow Mac nuts, but I don't think the MB will change think it will be the MBP.
     
  9. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #9
    I know, most people are hoping for a 13" MBP or a thicker MBA, which Apple will never go for. They already have a MBP and a MBA, they aren't going to make another.
     

Share This Page