Buying a MBP/air

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Makwak, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Makwak macrumors member

Hiya folks,

I want to get myself a laptop. Mainly to do some video edits of the family gatherings, kids, etc.

Im no geek tbh so I don't need fancy stuff. Just enough to get the job done quick and easy. Since my sister and her husband are going to NYC in two weeks time I thought they'd pick something up in there.

I'd prefer a refurb laptop and up to $1500. Don't know if Air will be enough or should I go for MBP - probably a 15". It doesn't need to be a retina I guess as that would give me some room for cheap upgrades. So which one?

The other thing is where can I buy a refurb in NYC except an online apple store which probably wont send it to the hotel theyll be staying in, is there anywhere else to get a refurb with apples 1yr warranty ?

Thanks!

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

refurbs are only available via the online store. They can ship to the nearest apple store.

3. Makwak thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Can you buy it with a credit card issued in europe?

And how does this work - do you still need to give your postal address or just give apple store address?

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

It's tricky. It varies according to the CC people and the country you are in.

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with how to get it going. There are lots of other threads in the forum about it, or perhaps someone else will chime in.

5. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Was just in a showroom today. Considering the screen the retina is a no-brainer. Super sharp, and the colours absolutely better than the Air's (which in turn has seems to have a crappier screen than cMBPs).

6. Makwak thread starter macrumors member

Cant really afford latest rmbp so was thinking of last cmbp or retina with geforce 6xx series in 15".

7. Makwak thread starter macrumors member

Unless its ofcourse a new rmbp 13" but will it be comfortable enough for video editing in terms of the size that I dont know.