Buying a MBP from AMAZON

juani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
7
0
Hello all!

I am buying a MBP from the amazon store, and I decided to do so because I have to ship it to a different direction than the one I am supposed to be billed. I was wondering if any of you know about any discounts that I can apply to my purchase at amazon.com.

I really appreciate your help!!!
 

MK2007

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
121
0
When a rebate is available, Amazon clearly states this on the product web page. Amazon isn't currently offering much of a discount for the MBP models. On the other hand, they charge no sales tax and include free shipping. I ordered an iMac (with rebate) from them a couple years ago. It was an excellent deal.
 

juani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
7
0
Ok thanks... Yesterday I entered to buy my MBP at amazon and it was there (Im looking for the model that costs $ 1999, 2.2 ghz, 2gb ram, 128mb 8600M GT), sold by amazon and costed $ 1995.

Today I entered the same adress and the price increased to $ 2,359.89, for exactly the same model!!!! I can't believe that, can someone tell me what just happened????

Check:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MA895LL-Notebook-SuperDrive/dp/B000R7X80U/ref=sr_1_1/002-2276659-7808034?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1188914323&sr=1-1
 

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
1,366
14
Ok thanks... Yesterday I entered to buy my MBP at amazon and it was there (Im looking for the model that costs $ 1999, 2.2 ghz, 2gb ram, 128mb 8600M GT), sold by amazon and costed $ 1995.

Today I entered the same adress and the price increased to $ 2,359.89, for exactly the same model!!!! I can't believe that, can someone tell me what just happened????

Check:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MA895LL-Notebook-SuperDrive/dp/B000R7X80U/ref=sr_1_1/002-2276659-7808034?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1188914323&sr=1-1

Probably because this is not being sold from Amazon, but rather from Techo Intelligence. When Amazon runs out of inventory, they shift to the next lowest price vendor that they have. I'd say to call Amazon and get an ETA for their own stock or keep checking back. That is, assuming you are able to wait...