Buying a MBP from AMAZON

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by juani, Sep 3, 2007.

1. juani macrumors newbie

Hello all!

I am buying a MBP from the amazon store, and I decided to do so because I have to ship it to a different direction than the one I am supposed to be billed. I was wondering if any of you know about any discounts that I can apply to my purchase at amazon.com.

I really appreciate your help!!!

2. MK2007 macrumors regular

When a rebate is available, Amazon clearly states this on the product web page. Amazon isn't currently offering much of a discount for the MBP models. On the other hand, they charge no sales tax and include free shipping. I ordered an iMac (with rebate) from them a couple years ago. It was an excellent deal.

3. juani thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks... Yesterday I entered to buy my MBP at amazon and it was there (Im looking for the model that costs $ 1999, 2.2 ghz, 2gb ram, 128mb 8600M GT), sold by amazon and costed $ 1995.

Today I entered the same adress and the price increased to $ 2,359.89, for exactly the same model!!!! I can't believe that, can someone tell me what just happened????

Check:
    http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MA895LL-Notebook-SuperDrive/dp/B000R7X80U/ref=sr_1_1/002-2276659-7808034?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1188914323&sr=1-1

4. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Probably because this is not being sold from Amazon, but rather from Techo Intelligence. When Amazon runs out of inventory, they shift to the next lowest price vendor that they have. I'd say to call Amazon and get an ETA for their own stock or keep checking back. That is, assuming you are able to wait...