Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by minimalistic, Jun 5, 2009.
Is this a good time to buy a MBP?
I would say yes. If you buy now, you can get a free iPod touch (soon, a free printer too, I believe).
Edit: in light of the post below - I will agree with angemon89 and say just wait til Monday to be safe.
Monday will be an iPhone event. But a date for SL may be announced -- in which case if you want to get it for free you'd have to wait until it gets released (probably a few months from now). The best way to approach this is to buy if you need it now, if not, wait, but there's always something new around the corner.
No, Monday is a good time to buy... just in case
even this website says not to buy right now mate.
Duff-Man says...it is (as always) a *great* time to search the forums for the answer - after all, there's only been about a hundred threads in the last week or two....oh yeah!
I'd hold off until next week to see of anything new will be announced. I doubt anything great, but maybe a speed bump or something. I'm hoping for a new iPhone. If so, wait a few weeks. If not, wait until you absolutely need it. Even if you did buy one and a new one is released, I think Apple gives you 3 months to return it. I think they charge a 10% restocking fee. But if it's worth having the latest and greatest at the time then go for it. I would. That's what Apple wants you to do.
If you really need it, buy now; if you merely want it, I'd suggest that you wait at least until after next week's event (which will more than likely focus on the iPhone) and then you will have a better sense of what is on offer.
I have a MBP and it is an excellent computer, the best computer I have ever owned, so I expect that you will really enjoy it when you finally get it.
Cheers and good luck
if theres an update .. would it b announced on monday?
It's only 24h & 25min away...but who's counting
I am afraid this is not true. You only have 14 days to return the product (if it is not faulty) and if you open it, you pay 10% of the price.
As everybody said just wait until after the conference.
This is a controversial question. Some people say yes it will be on Monday. Others say apple released products in the past about two weeks after the conference. I am having similar problems as I'd like to buy an MBA .
It depends how long you can wait. If you can wait till September/November then wait but if you're waiting for a months or so, there is no reason to wait then.
Every passing day will be closer for an update.
haha, was I ever wrong!
The new MBPs are fabulous deals, IMO.