Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I would say yes. If you buy now, you can get a free iPod touch (soon, a free printer too, I believe).

Edit: in light of the post below - I will agree with angemon89 and say just wait til Monday to be safe.

Monday will be an iPhone event. But a date for SL may be announced -- in which case if you want to get it for free you'd have to wait until it gets released (probably a few months from now). The best way to approach this is to buy if you need it now, if not, wait, but there's always something new around the corner.

TRAG

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
Louisiana, USA
I'd hold off until next week to see of anything new will be announced. I doubt anything great, but maybe a speed bump or something. I'm hoping for a new iPhone. If so, wait a few weeks. If not, wait until you absolutely need it. :rolleyes: Even if you did buy one and a new one is released, I think Apple gives you 3 months to return it. I think they charge a 10% restocking fee. But if it's worth having the latest and greatest at the time then go for it. I would. That's what Apple wants you to do. :p

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
If you really need it, buy now; if you merely want it, I'd suggest that you wait at least until after next week's event (which will more than likely focus on the iPhone) and then you will have a better sense of what is on offer.

I have a MBP and it is an excellent computer, the best computer I have ever owned, so I expect that you will really enjoy it when you finally get it.

Cheers and good luck

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
Even if you did buy one and a new one is released, I think Apple gives you 3 months to return it. I think they charge a 10% restocking fee.

I am afraid this is not true. You only have 14 days to return the product (if it is not faulty) and if you open it, you pay 10% of the price.

As everybody said just wait until after the conference.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
It depends how long you can wait. If you can wait till September/November then wait but if you're waiting for a months or so, there is no reason to wait then.

Every passing day will be closer for an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.