Buying a MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macsen, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Macsen macrumors newbie

Macsen

Hello... I´m planning to buy one of these... But I have a question that is keeping me from buying it yet.

I work at a School, so the computer would be used for some work and some out-of-school work. At school I'm the Lab Manager and I do check a lot of computers, but a Mac Laboratory is one of my main areas.

I'm a graphical designer by trade, and photographer.

I checked Apple and the MBP's have an IRIS PRO graphics card. The one with TWO is way over my budget. Is an IRIS PRO graphics card going to work on Photoshop? Lightroom? those are my main programs, since I seldom do Graphic Design (time)...

What would you recommend?

I'm trying not to get one that in one year will depreciate (Specially with PS). Been there, done that.

Thanks for the responses

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

The Iris Pro will easily run Photoshop, including 3D and Lightroom. The only reason to go with the discrete graphics chip is if you're doing a LOT of 3D or video work on a regular basis.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I do a lot of Photoshop work, and I can tell you the Iris Pro on the MBPr can easily handle Photoshop. MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs and even less-capable laptops have been running Photoshop and Lightroom without a problem for years. What you want to buy will be more than adequate.

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The baseline 15" with Iris Pro will do you fine. It's really powerful.