Buying a MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mast3r 777, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Mast3r 777 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this was posted somewhere else, I looked but I didn't see it - anyway, is it better to buy with the educational discount + free ipod, or sign up and use the hardware discount through the ADC? This will be my first mac purchase so I don't really know what is a better deal and what comes with the student adc membership. It is just a one time fee of 99.99, right? and how much is the discount usually? I saw the page said it varies according to region, and some other things. Thanks for the help.

2. JAT macrumors 603

They come out about the same for the base $2000 MBP.

3. tango554 macrumors member

same value on hardware, but a free copy of OSX and leopard when it's released is a sweetener.

4. Mast3r 777 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will get a free upgrade to leopard? sounds like I should go ADC then - it even looks like you still get the $100 rebate for a new printer

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

"Search this forum" is on the upper right portion in the Buying Tips.

Input "ADC" and voila.

6. Khyber macrumors newbie

I'm pretty close to buying a MBP and I'm going to get it using the student ADC discount instead of the education discount. I have a 30g iPod right now and don't really need another one. Even though I have to spend about $107 for the student ADC membership (that includes taxes) I still save $115.