Buying a MBP

tomoisyourgod

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I've put it off as long as possible, waiting for the release of Leopard before I make my purchase of a 15" 2.4GHz MBP...

I've heard some issues that occur with Leopard, such as freezing up and the firewall is switched off and inconsistent. Is anyone having problems with this?

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
I've put it off as long as possible, waiting for the release of Leopard before I make my purchase of a 15" 2.4GHz MBP...

I've heard some issues that occur with Leopard, such as freezing up and the firewall is switched off and inconsistent. Is anyone having problems with this?
I have the exact laptop you plan to buy and have upgraded it to Leopard. So far I've encounter no problem whatsoever. The MBP is brilliant, I highly recommend it.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
there are several problems to be aware of

1. the screen will shut off in about 1 minute not matter what you have the timer set to, unless its shut to never shut off, that fixes the problem.

2. for the first week leopard ran really really slow on my system, see my sig for specs, i have no idea why, then one day it got really really choppy after waking it from sleep, so i restarted it, its run perfect since then, everything is smooth, transitions and it seems to be running great now. Thats not really an issue its just something i experienced

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.