Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HoopsBlazing91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
Hey guys,

So I am interested in buying a MCP retina off a person who bought it in September of this year. 15' 16 gig ram 256 SSD for about $1300. The person has the receipt for the original purchase and is willing to meet me at the Apple Store as well. My question is aside from doing a diagnostic test on the computer, what else should I look for? How would I check for any dead pixels it might have? And as far as the purchase goes, is there anything I should/could do to transfer the laptop under my name if it's possible? Regarding AppleCare the laptop doesn't have it but I'm told that you can purchase it a year after you buy the laptop so that gives me until September next year to do it.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

macjonny1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
If it's new with receipt from Sept of this year you have nothing to worry about if you test it and it works. It's under warranty and you have the remainder of the year as you say to buy apple care. You can call apple and have it transferred to your name. I have purchased used computes off ebay and amazon/reseller and never any problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.