Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GooseInTheCaboose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2022
I want to get my friend a monogrammed Apple Pencil as a gift because they said they wanted one. But…I won’t be sure they have not bought one for themselves by the time we meet again, and I want the gift to be a surprise.

What is Apple’s return policy for gifts like this and how does it work if my friend wants to return or exchange it for a gift card? How long will they have after THEY receive the gift vs when I receive it in the mail?

Can I opt to pick it up at an Apple Store the day before I meet my friend and therefor maximize the time to return it for them?

TorbenIbsen

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2021
Why not simply ask Apple when you buy one? - My guess is that that a monogrammed item cannot be returned as non-monogrammed items can. But it is just a guess.

And remember, that you are asking the whole world in here. Things wary around the world.

Reactions: ericwn and kitKAC

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Best to ask Apple tho, you can even chat with them.

77430E12-2164-4B9E-8E61-97BE506367C0.jpeg

dazey

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2005
Regardless of what apple offers, bear in mind that you shouldn't be able to. If you return a monogrammed item its going to go straight in the bin. The apple pencils are not recyclable even for apple.

karlcrazyman

Suspended
Apr 21, 2023
Frisco, TX
Apple's return policy for monogrammed products states that they cannot be returned or exchanged unless there is a defect in the product or it does not match the customizations that were requested. Therefore, if the monogrammed Pencil is in good condition and matches the requested customizations, it cannot be returned to Apple. It's always a good idea to double-check the return policy before making a purchase, especially for personalized or customized products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.