Buying a new Battery for Mac Pro Laptop?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Soura2112, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

I need a new battery for my 15" MacBook Pro, and we all know the Apple store is expensive for a battery. I was thinking about buying one online, but I want to find a good place to buy one. I need it for a trip in about 2 weeks so not much time to look around. Does anyone know of a good site to get one. I looked at Amazon, but I want to make sure the battery was never used, why I am leaning to Apple, but I know there are good sites out there.
    Thanks

2. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

i would only go with apple. i dont think its worth the risk for batteries and power supplies when you cheap out.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

4. nigameash macrumors 6502

5. hodaka macrumors newbie

You think Apple batteries are expensive? Try buying a battery for a Sony laptop.
    Stick with the Apple battery. I have tried several alternatives, and in spite of claims of longer runtime and such, the Apple ones have always been better.

6. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

You'd be surprised how fast they can ship. I ordered a generic DSLR battery that shipped from Hong Kong, and it got here in 4 days.

7. RudyGrow macrumors regular

Its surprisingly fast

8. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Then I stand corrected. My experience has been more in the neighborhood of two weeks.

9. Soura2112 thread starter macrumors 6502

07, not unibody

I do not have a unibody, I should have mentioned that.

Sorry if I left things out. I want to buy an Apple battery (not another brand), I was thinking of not buying an Apple battery from the Apple store. But I wanted to make sure I get a new battery, for instance I don't really trust Ebay because someone might have used it. I want it sealed and I am just looking for reliable sites to buy Apple products (outside the Apple store). I forget where I got my ram and other products. Why I am asking.. Just trying to save a bit.

10. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2