Buying a new imac? and SSD ?

Babba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Hi there,

I own a macbook pro 2.66 unibody. I was thinking to get a desktop like the new imacs..but are they worth the money? Should i buy an external monitor and use with my macbook pro?

And what about SSD disks..would it increase the performance if i buy one for my mbp?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
SSD are worthwhile upgrades, it's the biggest single performance upgrade you can do to your mac. Search the forums for threads on the intel and ocz vertex ssd, they are the best out the moment.

Comment

glennsan

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Midwest USA
Hi there,

I own a macbook pro 2.66 unibody. I was thinking to get a desktop like the new imacs..but are they worth the money? Should i buy an external monitor and use with my macbook pro?

And what about SSD disks..would it increase the performance if i buy one for my mbp?

The new iMac's are going to cement Apple's #1 position in not only the all in one but the over $1,000 market as well. Excellent processor (up to a quad core), 16GB ram capability, 1 TB HD, I could go on for a while. You can probably tell that I really like them. You would save money by just buying a monitor tho. Only you know which is best for you.

Glennsan

Comment

MBHockey

macrumors 68040
Oct 4, 2003
New York
Go with an intel. I had a vertex for a while, had trouble with it initially for 2 months, then suddenly had no problems for another 2 months, and then it just died out of nowhere in its 5th month. It took 6 weeks for OCZ to give me a refund since they had no 250 GB drives in stock.

I bought a G2 intel drive with the money and couldn't be happier.

Comment