Buying a new iMac for school. Any reason to wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bigevilalien, May 28, 2009.

  1. bigevilalien macrumors newbie

    Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I'm planning on taking advantage of the Apple back to school special to buy a new iMac for school. Is there any reason I should wait until later in the summer? (i.e. iMac update, update to the free ipod that comes with it)

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

    Shake 'n' Bake

    Mar 2, 2009
    No. Get it now. There won't be any updates at WWDC.

    The iPod Touch may get a refresh along with the iPhone later though.
  3. pnic101 macrumors newbie

    May 28, 2009
    Is there agreement on this? I'm looking to get a new iMac and wondering if I should wait until after WWDC. There's been a lot of talk on waiting for new MB and MBPs, but not much on whether to wait to buy an iMac or not.
  4. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

    Shake 'n' Bake

    Mar 2, 2009
    There is an agreement that since the iMacs were updated in March, they won't be updated at WWDC.

    In fact, WWDC is mostly for software.
  5. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

    May 20, 2008
    Money in the bank longer, unless you take the Juniper offer!

    Plus, you won't get the updated touch anyways. Last year Apple only gave away the old ipods.
  6. kajitox macrumors 6502a


    May 2, 2007
    Just go for it. You can't always wait for the next update, and they were updated like 2 months or so ago. You can also check the buyer's guide.
  7. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816


    Jun 23, 2008
    Yeah, don't get a Juniper card. :rolleyes:

    The imac shouldn't be refreshed anytime soon, so go for it.
  8. ditzy macrumors 68000


    Sep 28, 2007
    Just agreeing with the consensus, there isn't really a good reason to wait.
  9. thatdarnfish macrumors regular

    Sep 23, 2004
    New York
    Well, I'm in the same position you are in. I'm about to bite the bullet and buy an imac. However, I'm going to wait until after WWDC. I know that there is little to no chance of any changes to the imac line anytime soon, but I would rather wait a week and half and be sure of this, rather than buy something now and perhaps kick myself later for not waiting!

Share This Page