Buying a new imac or wait?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Babba, Jan 30, 2011.

  1. Babba, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011

    Babba macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2008
    #1
    Hey there,

    I'm going to buy a new imac soon..but i can wait..does anyone have any idea when the new version will be out? and any rumors that if the it's going to be an different look? new case maybe? :)
    Just want to ask, is it clever to wait for a couple of months or buy right away..i can wait, since i'm using a macbook pro :p
     
  2. T-bag Guest

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2011
    #2
    Haha I noticed too. My guess is april/may. I didn't care to wait, so I ordered one a week ago, getting it in 3 days :). If you're in need of greater power than todays machines can offer, then wait. Only you can answer if waiting 2 months is worth the upgrade. I have a late 08 13" MB, so I could wait if I wanted to. I'm just so sick and tired for the small screen an the low res. It will last for years no matter what you do. And if you wait for the newest models they will only be "new" for a while. There is always something better around the corner.

    Rumors say the next iMac will get sandy bridge and better gpu, ssd disk for OS as standard and maybe a new form factor.
     
  3. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

    Staindsoul

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2010
    Location:
    Texas
    #3
    I would at least wait a month or two and see if they announce the update. It would be worth it IMO
     

Share This Page