Buying a new iMac (software)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by brianlhp, Jul 26, 2011.

1. brianlhp macrumors newbie

I want to buy a new iMac now. But will the Mac OS X Lion 10.7 include in the iMac? Do I need to buy that in the Apps Store or it have already include?

2. gnagy macrumors regular

I don't know if your new computer will come with Lion or not, but you will definitely get Lion for free.

I bought an iMac 38 days ago, and I got Lion for free. You just have to visit the following page for a coupon code:
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

3. mac-ho macrumors member

If the new iMac you buy does not already have Lion, The Apple store will install it for you. (according to a friend who just bought from Apple.)

4. brianlhp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats mean Mac OS X Lion will not include in the new iMac, buyers will receive a cupon code to insert to Mac Apps Store for free Lion.
    But when will I receive the cupon code? When buying the iMac in the website?:confused::confused:

5. brianlhp thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple Store will install for me ?
    You mean through Apple Update??

6. JSmoove05, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

JSmoove05 macrumors 6502

Just got a BTO Imac 27" i7 3.4 can i upgrade the Video card?

typo

7. mac-ho macrumors member

They have a service for those with slow connections or caps on data they can download. He told them he had dial-up. BIG- LIAR,Pants on Fire!!! They set his lying ass in a Lion Specific booth. And he downloaded Lion without God striking him dead with lightning or frying his computer into charcoal!!