Buying a new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by natwii60, Mar 13, 2008.

1. natwii60 macrumors newbie

hi all, i plan on buying a new iphone after the 2.0 rollout and see if there will be a 3g phone. if nothing is released i plan on buying the 16gb because i going on a trip out of the country and i want to fill the whole phone up with music and apps. my question is if i go and buy a 16gb will i have to extend my contract? i have an 8gb with lcd 7 (the perfect one) and the memory is fine but i would like more and i also dont really care for 3g, i am surrounded by wifi where ever i go. Thanks!

2. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

I have the 8GB as well

but I don't think you need to extend your contract.. Just put your simcard in the new one and it should be fine

3. natwii60 thread starter macrumors newbie

i heard that the current sim wouldn't work and i would have to use the new one but what im concerned is if i am going to extend my current contract.

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Just Switch SIM Cards

I did this when I went from 4GB to 8GB. You will still have to activate the new iPhone with the old SIM, but you do not extend your contract or get charged another activation fee.

Trust.

5. natwii60 thread starter macrumors newbie

really? i kind of dont mind extending my contract mainly because i used to be on tmobile and it sucked!!! but i also dont want to pay for activation and the sort but ill take ur word for it. Thanks :)

6. rayward macrumors 68000

And don't forget to put the SIM from the new iPhone into the old one. That way you have a great gift for someone or something to sell on ebay.

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Yup -- that's exactly what I did! :)

8. natwii60 thread starter macrumors newbie

not sure if anyone will want it because it has some really small scratches on the sides. only noticable under heavy flourescent lighting. if i sell ill sell for 250 with screen protector already applied.